Sunday 24 July 2011

Touch of Magic!

Okay, so here comes my first 'review'; Barry M's Touch of Magic Lip Paint, otherwise known as TMLP.

Why I have only recently discovered this I don't know, but I have been trying to track one of these down for a few weeks now, proving them to be a rarity!


Basically, it is a lipstick that looks rather unattractive at first glance due to it being GREEN! However, this clever little thing actually changes to a pinky colour depending on the alkali level of your lips.

It also claims to be a waterproof formula with added Aloe Vera, that stays on for up to 8 hours. I found that although at first my lips felt very soft and moisturised, after about an hour they were feeling quite dry, however the colour stayed put for the full 8 hours and stayed on so well it was a mega hassle to remove! The lip paint also gives quite a glossy finish and therefore doesn't look like an ordinary lipstick.

Sorry for the dodgy photo!
Although TMLP does turn a nice pinky colour on your hand (and in my case on my lips too), obviously when other people apply it, it could be a completely different shade of pink because the alkali levels are not the same. On some people it may come out quite neutral and therefore it could make a good base for a lipgloss. 

Overall I would recommend the product if, like me, you like little novelty items or if you are after a vartiety of shades of pink lipstick, as this will turn a slightly different colour each time you apply!

TMLP is £4.49 and available from Boots, Superdrug or the Barry M website.


No comments: