Thursday 11 August 2011

Back to Reality...

Hello everyone!

Firstly, I would like to apologise for not keeping my blog up to date this week. What with being on holiday, visiting family and my birthday, every time I sat down to post I was dragged away somewhere! Anyway, I'm back and I promise to make up for my absence.

So, I thought I would update you all with what's been happening. I was shocked to return to consistent amazing viewing figures, considering I haven't even been attending to the blog! As well as new comments and followers! (Don't be too shy to say hello!)

As I've said, I've been away in Wales which always means hardly any signal and jam-packed days where I barely have time to breathe! We always say we will try and stay away from the shops and go to different places but we still ended up going shopping mad! Most of my purchases were jewellery items to be honest, if you know me then you know I love my jewellery and nine times out of ten I would choose a piece of jewellery over an equally as nice item of clothing. Although I did buy one dress from New Look yesterday, I was given a gift card and wanted something to wear out for a meal for my birthday last night. The top half of it is lace and the skirt part is pleated, (and conveniently I can't find it online!) I shall post a photo soon. It's nothing that special but I couldn't really be bothered trying lots on so just decided to go with it!

As for the other things I did - visited family as usual, went to Barry Island for my first time - typical seaside town but because I'm a massive Gavin & Stacey fan it suited me down to the ground. Had the loveliest chips in Boofy's but sadly didn't get an Ice Cream from Marco's. Ended up spending lots of money on little souvenirs; the usual postcards, mugs etc. I'm souvenir obsessed, seriously, it's terrible!

Marco's!

Me in Nessa's Slots (Bad photo!)

Boofy's!
Other adventures included the annual trip to Rhossili, it was a gorgeous day and there were dolphins! YES, DOLPHINS! Out of the 10 years we have been going there we have always missed the dolphins and then suddenly they were there! Admittedly though, they were quite hard to see and therefore I don't really have any photos of them but it was such an amazing thing to see. And also for the first time the causeway to Worm's Head was closed until later on in the evening which was unusual as it is usually open around midday.

Worm's Head

Rhossili
I'm pretty sure I'm boring everyone here so I will try not to go on too much longer! Again this isn't really a fashion post is it? But they will resume from tomorrow!

Yesterday it was a toss up between Cardiff and The National Showcaves. Stupidly I chose the Showcaves, don't ask! I was moody all the way there because of this, however when I actually got there and stepped in the caves it was amazing! Actually part of the reason I chose them was because I didn't want to spend any more money than I already had.....! I had actually never been to any caves before so it was a great experience. They even have a cave there named 'Cathedral Cave' where people get married! The only part where I wasn't amused was when I had to walk in between two waterfalls and as a result got soaked!

Cathedral Cave

Dan-yr-Ogof

Weddings at Cathedral Cave

The View of the Brecon Beacons from outside the caves
All in all it was a great trip. Same hotel as each year with the same lovely staff. It's so nice to be surrounded by lovely people constantly for a change. I'm not saying people back home are horrible, not at all! But although some people disagree, I truly believe Wales is a happy place... and the customer service is 100 times better to be honest with you. As always, when leaving this morning I was so upset, as were the staff at the hotel. They said they love having friendly faces around and generally find many people to be miserable. It made me think about what has happened to people over the past few years, no one is as friendly anymore, the world would be such a better place if we were.

So, back to my purchases, and as I mentioned in my last post, I'm obsessed with Clogau Gold. If you're like me and you have a special connection with Wales then I think the jewellery is really precious. I didn't own any items before this visit and have now come back with two rings and a bracelet and I'm currently browsing their website to buy more! The thing is, because the St Davids Gold Mine closed in 1998, the Welsh Gold will eventually run out which means it's the rarest in the world. And if it's good enough for royalty......!

For some reason my photos of the jewellery aren't uploading, I will definitely post them tomorrow. In the mean time have a look at their website: http://www.clogau.co.uk/!

Anyone own any Clogau items? Regularly visit Wales etc? Let me know!






No comments: